United Bank is a reliable bank with strong capital base, healthy loan portfolio and well experienced management. The bank renders both domestic and foreign banking services with competence and efficiency. The bank has established a strong presence in the industry by facilitating credit extension and consultancy services to its customers.
Types of Loans Provided by United Bank
- Short-term loan
- Letter of credit
- Merchandise loan
- Advance on export bills
- Letter of Guarantee
The bank accepts as collateral the following types of assets.
- Houses and buildings (fixed Assets) (private and office houses, various buildings and ware houses, buildings and houses under construction, buildings transferred to private ownership, and buildings on leased spaces.
- Light and heavy duty dry cargo trucks, trailers, liquid cargo tracks, automobile and Public transport buses
- Bank Guarantee (Local & Foreign)
- Deposits as collateral
- Saving Accounts
- Current Accounts
- Fixed Time Deposits
- Merchandise Pledge
- Bills and Bonds
- Treasury Bill
- Government Bond
Beneficiaries of Credit Facility
Business people engaged in domestic and foreign trade are the prime beneficiaries of credit facilities. The bank extends credit in the following business lines:
- Domestic Trade
- International Trade
- Service Sector
- Transport Sector
- Construction Sector
- Hotels & Tourism
Points to take note in the lending process by customers
Customers should satisfy the following criteria
- Open accounts in the branch where the credit would be requested.
- Fill an application form mentioning the objective and the amount of the credit.
- Supplement a renewed trade license and other relevant licenses.
- Memorandum and articles of association for businesses with legal personalities.
- Profile of management members
- Business plan.
- Businesses with legal personality should submit audited financial statements preferably done by external auditors
- Financial statements showing the business and financial position.
- Balance Sheet.
- Income Statement.
- Cash flow statement
- Other relevant documents as deemed necessary.
Obligation by loanees
- Providing the bank with accurate information on their business.
- Requesting and enjoying the amount of loans only to the extent of the requirement of their business.
- Paying regularly the periodic repayment installment and finishing the total proceeds and interest over the agreed terms and duration.
- Not diverting the loan proceeds to other purpose than the agreed purposes.
- In case of failures to repay the loan due to problems facing the business, seeking for solution jointly with the bank.
What is to be done after the loan has been approved.
- The loanee or the security holder should sign the loan and collateralization contract.
- The collateralized assets are to be covered with insurance in the name of the loanee and the loaning branch.
- The collateralized asset should be registered by state registration and documentation authorities or their agents.